Friday, April 29, 2011

Teacher Appreciate Week Card II

Here is the second card designed for my little boy's PreK Teachers.  It is Teacher Appreciation Week at the school and I wanted to make something extra special.

Flowerbox Card
Precut cream colored A2 Card (4x5.5)

Front:
Cricut Cartridge: Everyday Pop-Up Cards
-pg23 Phrase and Phrase Layers: Showering Thanks cut at 1 1/4"
ProvoCraft Slab III: diamond patterned paper
cardstocks: black, light blue, light green, second shade of light green

Inside:
Cricut Cartridge: Everyday Pop-Up Cards
-pg48 Pop-Up: Flowerbox cut at 5" (I watched carefully and stopped Cricut from cutting the flower stems from the pop-up.  I did not want to deal with flower stems moving around in the middle of the pop-up box.  I wanted them to stand up straight and be more predictable and stable.)
Flowerbox, shift Flowerbox and all flower layers (not shadow) cut at 2 3/4"
Cardstocks: brown, DCWV glitter brown, green, pink, yellow, blue
Stickles: Crystal


I also used the "bomb cloud" cutouts from my Bad Day card that were meant to be discarded.  I thought these pieces looked like wonderfully airy and delicate clouds so kept them.  This was a perfect use.  So technically the Indie Art cartridge was used to make this card as well, but clouds are easy to find or make.

When putting this card together, I could not get all the folds of the pop-up flowerbox to behave as instructed.  So I glued the two bottom folds to the floor of the card and it worked.  Perhaps there is a folding typo.  Assemble the flowerbox and all its layers then attach them directly to the front.


Finally, I dotted very small stickle rain drops to complete the light showering rain look.  Viola!  What a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment