Saturday, April 23, 2011

Giraffe Card

I have a friend and co-worker that just adores giraffes so I made this fun birthday card featuring her favorite theme.

Outside:
pre-cut set of cream cardstock with envelopes
DCWV Adhesive Backed Border Punch Strip - Neutral
EK Success Edger: Starry Night
Cricut Cartridge: Wall Decor and More to cut the Giraffe at 3.5"
Popdots (i cut popdots very small to fit under each hoof)
giraffe patterned ribbon


Inside:
Happy Birthday stamp
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Tea Dye
the stars from the stary night punch


In the end I think the card was unusual, not my normal style, but rather neat.  I enjoyed creating the card will likely make others similar to this design.

She only recently purchased a personal cricut, so I was thrilled to get her a brand new cartridge as a gift.  She does more scrapbooking than card making so I thought the Designer's Calendar was a perfect fit.  Plenty of occasion words, seasonal images, days, months, a font, etc.  I think she will enjoy the versitility with her scrapbooking projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment