Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fun time flocking

I learned about the wonders of flocking last weekend at a Scrapbooking Expo!  Where in the world have they been keeping this wondrous little secret?  I thought this was a whole new product that was bursting onto the market, then I discover it has been around for years!  Where was I?  It is much like an embossing powder but it actually makes things fuzzy. 

I have no particular reason to make a card, I just really wanted to make a fuzzy little critter.
  
Front:
Precut cream colored 5x7 card
Cardstock: green pattern paper (sort of a grassy appearance), cream
Cricut Cartridge: Create a Critter
-pg 69 Fawn cut at 3.5"
Embellishments: brown ribbon, generic flower gemstones
Stamp: My Pink Stamper - More Punny-licious: you're a deer
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye
Funky Flock: Milk Chocolate, Bow-Wow Brown

Here is an extreme closeup of the the fuzzy flocked little deer.  Isn't he just sweet and amazing...
When using attaching multiple flocked layers, be sure to use a strong liquid glue or you may get an undesired layer separation.

No comments:

Post a Comment