Monday, April 25, 2011

More Birthday Cards

Wow.  I had no idea that April birthdays were so popular.  I have 2 more friends that need cards and I thought the Hello Kitty Greetings was just the right cartridge for both.  That little kitten is just oozing cute and she makes me smile everytime I see her.

Outside:
Precut card was cream
Cardstock: Black, white, green, yellow, 2 shades of pink
Cartridge: Hello Kitty Greetings - HK2 cut at 3.5"
Cuttlebug: Swiss Dot
Pop Dots to raise the kitty off the page
Ribbons: cream and bright pink


Inside:
Since an extra flower is created with the same cut as the yellow kitty nose, I just used the flower on the inside of the card and layered other circle extras for the flower center.  No wasting the paper foliage.
HppyBDay in black
Cut the main Clothes layer in light blue.
I tried the shift Clothes layer that gives each letter for Happy Birthday in dark blue, but struggled to get each of the letters to fit right.  I will have to work on that puzzle sometime later.
In the end I just pieced the itty bitty letter middles from the light blue layer to complete the text directly on the black base.

Rinse and repeat to make the second card.

I do believe both of my friends will be pleased to get this in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment