Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cheers Birthday Card

Happy Birthday to my older brother!  woohoo!  I just HAD to make him this popup beer mug card for this special occasion.

Front:
Precut cream colored 5x7 card
Cardstock: amber yellow, light yellow, cream (3 different shades of yellow), navy blue, black

Cartridge: Wild Card - Argyle
Argyle page 33 cut at 6.75" from the navy blue and black cardstocks
Cartridge: Everyday popup card - Mug
cheers phrase and layers from page 42 cut at 1 inch from the 3 yellows



While the front is a relatively simple design, I don't know if the picture can really portray the richness that the thick paper layers bring to the table.

Inside:
Cardstock: amber ale, light brew and cream foam (same 3 shades of yellow with the fun beer names)
Versa Black ink
Happy Birthday stamp

Cartridge: Everyday popup card - Mug page 42

I researched so many web sites to figure out how to put this beer popup card together and there were none.   The Cricut message boards have an illustrated "image" to the popup assembly, but it was weak.  That is ok, I have an engineering degree, I can figure it out myself.


I wanted to make the beer mug as large as possible, so using a full 12x12 sheet of paper I used the Fit To Page feature.  Cricut calculated the Mug Pop-Up feature to be 6.25", which I cut using the 2 darker shades of yellow.

 Oddly enough I have an extra piece I could never figure out.  Oh well, the popup works without it, so it will just have to remain a mystery, so much for that engineering degree.

1 comment:

  1. I'm running into the same problem with this cartridge.. no instructions. They are darling though once you figure them out. That last piece had me stumped as well I'm glad I saw this to simply forgo it.

    ReplyDelete