Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Button Flowers

I went to Michael's and found these small containers of different color buttons on sale.  I have seen this design before, so I wanted to try my hand at a card where buttons were used as flowers.  It will be a nice addition to the birthday gift card collection.


Front:
Standard A2 yelow card
Cardstock: light blue 
Ribbons: dark green, green, light green
buttons: white, pink, purple


Inside:
blank

The button flowers were easy enough and nesting some of the button inside each other gave it an added touch (my little boy loved helping glue the buttons together), but the real special thing is the use of the ribbon as the grass.  Each longer horizontal piece was taped to the back of the sky blue mat but I each had at least 1 twist and sometimes 2 twists to create a raised messy look. Then several short pieces of ribbon were knotted along longer ones to again add dimension and texture.  These ribbons of course hid the ribbon ends that served as the stems to the flowers.  The twists, knots and different colors work well to prevent constantly checking on if the ribbon was straight and even.  It was "out of my norm" card design, but a lovely end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment