Monday, August 15, 2011

Oops Baby Card

A new friend from church had her 6th baby!  I didn't know her for the other 5, so I wanted to make a card to congratulate the family on their new addition.

Front:
Precut A2 white card
Cardstock: white, pale lavender, pale pink, pale blue
Cricut Cartridge: Wall Decor and More - pg75 Duck cut at 3.5"
Cuttlebug: Swiss Dots
Embellishments: white ribbon, deep purple ribbon
pop dots

I cut the duck at 3.5 and must have  accidentally bumped the dial and cut the duck layer at 3.75.  oops.

Finding more cardstock, I cut the pink duck layer again at 3.5.

I cut some pale lavender and white pieces to make a frame and used my Cuttlebug to swiss dot the pale lavender paper.

After I had glued down the frames and the ribbons to the card and went to place the duck, I then noticed my pale blue duck layer mistake.  The lighting in my dining room is pretty awful in the late night hours and I didn't realize the pale lavender layer was really a pale blue.  oops.

I debated cutting the whole duck again, but decided to just move forward.

Inside:
Congratulations stamp
Colorbox pigment: Eggplant

It was a simple (aka tired/lazy) Congratulations stamped in Eggplant ink directly on the inside of the white card, but I messed up and smeared it before it dried.  oops.

To cover that mistake, I stamped again on the same pale lavender cardstock (double checking this time) and glued it on top. Viola, my error is magically a color coordinated enhancement.

This card seemed to be filled with little human errors but I think it is pretty cute and those "mistakes" can be thought as contributions to the personalization and effort in the card making experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment